Help Script Close HUD

Hanna Reinerman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello people. I found this script here to make my clients' HUD close by clicking X. However, Every time the avatar makes the unpack, this script goes together in the inventory folder.. Could someone help me on how to make him no longer go to avatar inventory when unpacking? I'm asking for help because I don't know how to create scripts and if someone can help me.

{
on_rez(integer start_param)
{
llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_ATTACH);
}

link_message(integer sender_num, integer num, string str, key id)
{
if ("detach" == str)
{
//if (PERMISSION_ATTACH & llGetPermissions())
{
llDetachFromAvatar();
}
}
}
}

Edited by Hanna Reinerman

1 hour ago, Fenix Eldritch said:

At first glance, it sounds like the script was placed into the package's inventory instead of the HUD's inventory.

There is a script on the button that will be clicked to close the HUD. And a script, the one above, that is in the base prim. The last prim linked in the case.There is a script on the button that will be clicked to close the HUD. And a script, the one above, that is in the base prim. The last prim linked in the case. Precisely this that when unzipping goes to the person's inventory. I was wondering if there is any code to add to this script above, to block it from going to the customer's inventory when unpacking things.

You could move the script into a different child prim - anything other than the root should suffice in this scenario.

I am a bit puzzled why you're using an unpacking mechanism if you don't want the contents of the root prim to be given to the user. Are there other contents in the HUD's root that you do want transferred during the unpack? If not... is unpacking even necessary? I don't have a complete picture of what's going on, so I can't really suggest more beyond moving the script to a child prim.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fenix Eldritch said:

You could move the script into a different child prim - anything other than the root should suffice in this scenario.

I am a bit puzzled why you're using an unpacking mechanism if you don't want the contents of the root prim to be given to the user. Are there other contents in the HUD's root that you do want transferred during the unpack? If not... is unpacking even necessary? I don't have a complete picture of what's going on, so I can't really suggest more beyond moving the script to a child prim.

FANTASTIC! It worked! Thank you very much. I am very happy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.