Help! Curser In Mouselook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I'll get right to the point. I recently set up my steering wheel for a racing sim in SL. It's a lot of fun, though It would be more responsive if I could use the mouse steering set up while using my wheel, instead of needing to bind left and right to D and A. I found, the best way to do this would be to have it so my cursor is visible in mouselook somehow. If that is at all possible in any of the dev settings, or advanced settings, I would like to know.

All in all, I'd like my mouse cursor to be visible in mouselook please. If you know how, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

You can make your mouse cursor visible while in mouselook by holding down the ALT button. However, this feature is of limited usefulness and has a bunch of quirks.

When you hold ALT while in mouselook, your camera/view is locked in place. You'll be able to move the mouse around the screen and can click on HUDs or interact with whatever GUI elements that don't get hidden in mouselook (like the minimap). All other control inputs are blocked. You cannot move your avatar with the keyboard, nor will any scripted object that is acting upon your control inputs be able to detect them. Any object scripted to respond to regular touch events will work if you click on them while in ALT+Mouselook, but the cursor will always snap to the screen's center again after each left click.

This could be useful for initial calibration of your steering wheel, but I don't think it will be practical to have the cursor visible and pilot a vehicle at the same time.

Edited by Fenix Eldritch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.