Anyone else getting the zlib.dll error?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.

I've been trying to update the viewer to the new 2.6.3 with no sucess. It gets to the part where it locates the output folder "C:\program files\ SLViewer 2" and an error box pops up saying.

"Error opening file for writing *filepath for zlib.dll*"

Anyone else getting this error, or better still, a fix?

Thanks

Chris

caboose12 Kidd wrote:

Hi.

I've been trying to update the viewer to the new 2.6.3 with no sucess. It gets to the part where it locates the output folder "C:\program files\ SLViewer 2" and an error box pops up saying.

"Error opening file for writing *filepath for zlib.dll*"

Anyone else getting this error, or better still, a fix?

Thanks

Chris

I got this error the other day after a failed uninstall of 2.6.3 while I tried to install 2.6.1. According to the system, SLVoice.exe was running and prevented zlib.dll from being accessed. Going into task manager and killing the SLVoice.exe process allowed me to rerun the install to completion. I would go in and see if there were any running SecondLife processes (executables most likely) that could be using libraries in that .dll, and then kill them.

You may also be able to run regsvr32 -u pathtozlib.dll/zlib.dll from a DOS prompt so that regardless of what is trying to use the libraries, they will not be registered, and thus cannot be in use. But I think you would still have to kill the process that is currently using them before it would be effective.

Not sure if this will help you, but I thought I'd mention it. :womanwink:

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.