I'm new to buying land.. please help

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just have a few questions before I decide to even buy land or what I should do here.    Right now I'm in a tiny apartment that I'm just using for rezzing and for my Magic Box...   but then I got to thinking it would be cool to get a TV and have it stream my dvds from my computer...  so I spent countless hours on google figuring out how to go about doing that and Im starting to understand that part..   But then I noticed I wasn't allowed to stream media in my apartment.. and that only the person who owns the land may do so (which makes sense I guess)

So that got me thinking more...   can my landlord set media rights to select ''individual apartments'' on his land? Or would he have to give the specific person media rights..  which would mean they could stream media ANYWHERE on his land? (which wouldn't be a good idea)

And then I got curious about buying land....           When you ''buy'' land,  do you have to pay a weekly or monthly fee for it??    If so, why?

Sorry for the noobness,  just trying to make second life my second home =)

WhiteBoi360 wrote:

I just have a few questions before I decide to even buy land or what I should do here.    Right now I'm in a tiny apartment that I'm just using for rezzing and for my Magic Box...   but then I got to thinking it would be cool to get a TV and have it stream my dvds from my computer...  so I spent countless hours on google figuring out how to go about doing that and Im starting to understand that part..   But then I noticed I wasn't allowed to stream media in my apartment.. and that only the person who owns the land may do so (which makes sense I guess)

So that got me thinking more...   can my landlord set media rights to select ''individual apartments'' on his land? Or would he have to give the specific person media rights..  which would mean they could stream media ANYWHERE on his land? (which wouldn't be a good idea)

And then I got curious about buying land....           When you ''buy'' land,  do you have to pay a weekly or monthly fee for it??    If so, why?

Sorry for the noobness,  just trying to make second life my second home =)

i rent my land on a private estate with full permissions, you can set your own streams,  re rent your land etc.

i wouldnt rent any land where you have to be in a group to rez your own stuff on your own land.

the land lords are power mad!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.