Image Attribution to Author

FrancescoCarrera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I am going to use an image for a t shirt which is free to use commercially as long as I attribute the author, which I have no problem in doing. Obviously I'm not going to apply the attribute to the actual garment design but whilst respecting the authors IP,  I am not sure where best to apply the attribution. Can I add it in my MP listing for the garment or in my profile or maybe in a notecard in the garments folder... or somewhere else? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Many thanks : ) 

It really depends on the license it's under CC-by for example. It's hard to give proper advice without that as each attributoin license has little differences.

In many cases a notecard in the box is enough (and a bare minimum), but ethically the more places you mention the better. You can - for example - put it in the marketplace listing in a very positive manner "This item and some others in my atore are based on the amazing artwork of XYZ". If you have a real life store it would be wonderful to include something there, maybe a link to their site.

If you are unsure I think the best would be to send an email to the artist and ask how they would like to be cited.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.