Browser Problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having trouble playing second life...about a month ago my graphics card died i was using a ZOTAC  NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 graphics card it had no trouble at all running second life even on ultra settings but after 5 yrs it died on me so i used on board graphics which would only allow me very little mobility because i would get lots of lag and i could only run in low graphics settings but i stayed in game as long as i wanted and it never crashed ...but....i decided on getting a new graphics card to make game play more desirable like it used to be....so i bought a VIEW MAX NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 2GB GDDR3  F-16 Fighting Falcon Edition and installed the latest drivers but now when in second life i can only be in game from anywhere between 15 sec to 2 min before the second life browser crashes and i get a message that second life browser has stopped responding and then a second message saying that NVIDIA GeForce Driver has stopped responding then my screen goes black and then i have to wait for it to recover sometimes i have to restart my computer to get my desktop to show ....i went to the NVIDIA website and went to live chat ...they had me do just about everything they could think of i uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers they also gave me a link to do a stress test on the graphics card while live chat was still going ....the graphics card passed the stress test which was run for a whole hour and then i gave them the results ....it passed every stress test so they gave me one final thing i could try which was to go into the driver settings and tweak some things and had me try it ...still the same thing i provided them with screen shots of what was happening and they could not figure it out so pretty much asked if there was any other issue they could help me with ..which there wasn't so the chat ended so i sent a message to linden labs hoping to get some answers i even sent screen shots to them so they made some suggestions on what to do ...i followed their advise to the letter and still the same thing i have uninstalled sl browser several times and have uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers and reinstalled them still the same ...why is it that and NVIDIA GeForce GT 320 can run sl better than an NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 ...plus the 320 only had 1GB Memory  the 720 has 2GB   ... i am at the end of my rope with this are there any settings on the viewer that i need to do ?   i have tried firestorm viewer also and it does the same thing it does not matter if i am running the graphics on low setting in both browsers i still get the same outcome ...i will attach a screen shot of the messages i get ...my system specs are as follows.....................windows 7 home premium 32 bit ,  Intel pentium Dual Core  E5300     2.6 gig processor  ,  3 gig system memory ,  and i am using the NVIDIA GeForce GT 720   2 GB GDDR3  graphics card ... i would think this graphics card would be able to play sl but i could be wrong it supports openGL so it should be able to run sl ...is there something that i am missing ?  would anyone have any idea on what i need to do ? any advice will be greatly appreciated ...the attachment will show the messages  i am getting the first message will be in the center of the screen and the second is in the lower right bottom. 

Untitled 2.jpg

Hi.

Seeing on your screenshot you're using 385.28, it's not the last one, on august 24 they released: 385.41

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/123216

If the last driver version still not fix your trouble, try disabling the "GeForce Experience" feature, sometimes it uses lot of ressources .. for nothing -_-'

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/disabling-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

Hope that will help :)

I installed driver 385.41 and i went to the link you provided to disable GeForce Experience but that option is not showing in my GeForce Experience  i followed the instructions on the site but it is not there when i bring up options like they are showing  so i tried to play sl to see if the newer driver would make a difference i was able to stay in sl a little longer this time ....about 10 min this time then suddenly everything froze and nothing responded then the crash happened again i took another screen shot but it is basically the same as all the other times accept the NVIDIA driver is more up to date and another difference is the screen went black then came back then the crash all the other times the black screen came last this time it was the first thing to happen after the freeze up  i even went to preferences and tried putting the settings to low on the graphics and tried again and still the same result ....it this thing passed all stress tests then why is this going on i wonder its driving me crazy i tried everything accept a hammer  :-\  

screen shot.jpg

Ermm  not cool yeh :/

Let see other options (before to use a hammer :D):

* You uninstalled your viewer (may be a cup of times), have you installed your viewer following the "clean install" procedure ?

Meaning to uninstall normally, then manually remove the hidden Second Life folders in AppData.

If not, you should:

* Also,  i'm noticing you're having a 32 bit OS... and if i'm not mistaking the last LL viewer must be for 64 bit... not 100 % sure, may be someone will confirm...

Just in case you could try an alt viewer, as Firestorm, it supports 32 bit: http://www.firestormviewer.org/windows/

(don't forget the clean install even for this one)

May the luck be with you ^^

Well ....lol still the same thing even with firestorm i even tried to go to an area where there was hardly anything and still got the black screen for about 15 seconds then when it recovered i got the same error message ...i really appreciate all the help you have given me ...i have no idea what the problem could be when i installed the new graphics card i went to sl and that is when it all started happening only at the time the game would freeze and my avi would turn red and all objects turned red with it then the background turned solid white and it all looked like a cartoon drawing then i would get the error messages then the screen went black ...now all i get is the freeze then black screen then it would recover then the error messages then from there i am returned to my desktop i ran another diagnostic this morning and it passed ....now ...I'm  wondering if the stress test's are lying ... i have two separate stress test that i have ran so far one of them is a burn in test which it also past ...so that has me confused ...on this crash it did not say anything about firestorm not responding it only said GeForce driver has stopped responding and has recovered . 

screen shot 2.jpg

OK.

Two new ideas to test:

Turning off VBO ("Vertex Buffer Objects") in the graphics settings of your viewer.

You should have time to change this setting before to crash (CTRL-P to open Preferences).

Noticing on your screenshots you must be using the Aero option in Windows 7.
Try to turn it off for a test:
Right click the Desktop
Click Personalize
Under 'Basic and High Contrast Themes, click 'Windows 7 Basic'

You could try to ask in the Answers section of the forum, I hope someone will have other ideas.
(in Technical or Viewers)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.