Free Textures

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Suspicious" might not have been the word I would have gone with, but to answer your question, Ravalgo, the reason people are reacting negatively is because you've thrice broken the forum rules. 

First. posting the same topic in multipe forums is not allowed.  It wastes space, and more importantly, wastes everyone's time.  If you're not sure which forum something belongs in, just flip a coin and pick one.

Second, even though your intentions were good, advertising third party websites isn't what these forums are for.  The mods used to look the other way when it was useful stuff, but since redesign, there really seems to be a zero tolerance policy.  Heck. just last week, one of my threads was removed, and all I'd done was post a heads up about a discount on Filter Forge.

Third, and most importantly, don't ever re-post something after moderators have deleted it.  That's a formula for getting suspended or banned.  It reads as brazen defiance of the rules on your part, as if you're a deliberate trouble maker, which is never a good idea.  I doubt that's how you meant it, of course, but nonetheless, that is how it is likely to be interpreted by many.

suspicious because it's a tactic I've seen used elsewhere to prevent negative commentary from keeping anyone away from something (sometimes used in scam marketing).

only suspicious because there's no way to tell if the mods deleted those, or if OP got them deleted.

posting the same thing to multiple sub-forums is a tactic also used by scammers and spammers, and the fact (noted on the originals) that they were the only posts made tends to lend to that perception.

@Chosen:
they yanked a post on filter forge discounts..... that's kinda... off. I get it conceptually but.... hmm will try to bend someones ear about a good way to inform about tools the community may be interested in wihtou them getting yanked as advertising...

Void, yes, I thought it a bit overzealous of the mods, myself.  I'd even made a point of including a disclaimer, jovially emphasizing that I don't work for Filter Forge, I don't own stock in the company, I'm not having mad animal sex with anyone who works there, etc., etc., etc., so I don't benefit in any way, shape, or form, if someone decides to buy their product.  I just happen to like the program, and thought others here might want to know that there were some killer deals on it for a few days.  But apparently, that wasn't cool.  Ah well.

Of course, I don't know for a fact that anyone actively deleted the post.  All I know is it disappeared after just a few hours.  So, it's remotely conceivable that some random software glitch catapulted it into a black hole, completely on its own.  Or, perhaps it was covered up by the perpetrators of a vast alien conspiracy, deeply seated in the highest levels of government.  Yeah, taht's probably it.  After all, I did recently misplaced my tin foil hat.  Guess I had it coming, then, right?

In all seriousness, I do understand why a zero tolerance policy makes sense, if indeed that's what's been instituted.  One innocent heads up about a discount today could easily become the linkomatic, compltely unusable forum of tomorrow.  If you allow it for one, you have to allow it for all, and that's dangerous.

Chosen Few wrote:

[...]Or, perhaps it was covered up by the perpetrators of a vast alien conspiracy, deeply seated in the highest levels of government.  Yeah, taht's probably it.  After all, I did recently misplaced my tin foil hat.  Guess I had it coming, then, right?

bloody he.... no WONDER! :: hisses ::you aren't supposed to mention we know about them....

of course since you've misplaced your hat, you were probably infected to route us all out... we'll have to make sure you're clean of their influence before you'll be allowed to carry on.... it's for your own good.... well, and ours mostly.... now where did I put those handcuffs......................................

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.