can i sell my land?

stellabarret

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

can i sell my land?

i recently bought land at auction, i was unaware of tier fees, the fees are so hi that there is no possible way i could ever pay them. how do i sell or give away this land, i guess i just have to eat the cost i paid for the land, but i somehow have to rid myself of this land, i cant pay any of this tier

it would be nice if second life warned you of this fee when you bid so that you wouldnt end up in this predicament

right now i rent a full sim for 1499, i bought 1/8 of a sim for 4250 and now they want me to pay 40 dollars a month for my tier, that works out to me paying almost 3 times as much per week in fees as im paying now for a piece of land that is 1/8 the size i have now

1 answer to this question

Yes you can sell or abandon your land.  If you abandon it before your next tier is due, you will not receive any tier refund, so you may want to try to sell it before then.

To abandon land, go to the land, click on it and choose About Land.  Then when the dialog box opens click the 'abandon' button.

As far as LL not warning you, that's not true.  That information is in the knowledge base, the wiki and also on the first page you see when you choose to go to the land auction.  It says there:

"If you win the auction, your account will be charged automatically within 24 hours. Also, your tier level will be increased (if necessary) and the land will be assigned to you inworld. That's the whole process, simple and easy!"

If you really are paying on $1,499 a week for a full sim, you got a steal.  But I doubt that's an accurate figure since the owner has to pay at least $195 to up to $295 a month to LL in tiers.  They'd be losing money big time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.