SLI in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have searched for the answer to this, and can't find anything straight forward. My BF just got a GTX1080, so his GTX 980ti is free to me. I have the same card in my PC, so, I could add his old card to mine and have 980s in SLI. Does SL utilize two cards if you have two in your PC?

I cannot say for sure, but SL isnt even optimized for a single card, I doubt it is for two..lol

and depending on your resolution, your 980 is probably doing as good as you will ever get out of SL

a 960 would be pretty much as good as it gets 1080p, there is a point of diminishing returns..I really doubt

anyone on a 1080p monitor on a GTX1080 is getting any better perfomance that somone on a GTX 960 in SL honestly.

SL is SL and your dealing with sims on 12 year old servers that cannot support the bandwidth and abilities most modern computers have.

I dont know if you are old enough to remember the game called Pong? Yeah fancy new skylake i7 on Windows 10 or windows 3.11 on a Pentium 1...its still Pong. 

Truth is in MOST cases, SLI is made just for Youtube and synthetic benchmarks bragging rights for people with too much expendable cash as most games..by most I mean like 98.9% are NOT optimized for SLI because thats about the same percent of people not running two cards in SLI.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.