Maya Physics

Ricci Rokocoko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all, i'm having a slight problem with importing the physics model into secondlife.

It seems to squish it to the back wall. The process i'm using is copying the model and simply extruding faces to close them up. It all aligns and is the exact same dimensions.

Any help on this matter would be great, or a point in the right direction.

Many thanks Ric

Complete guess here, but I suspect your model may consist of several separate mesh objects. In that case, in the physics mesh file you need a separate mesh object for the physics shape for each of the visible objects. When the uploader thinks it has the physics mesh for a visible mesh object, it proceeds to squash it or stretch it to fit the bounding box of the visible mesh. So if your first visible object is the back wall, and you have one physics mesh for the whole thing, then that will get squashed into the bounding box of the back wall, while the remaining visible objects will get nothing.

• Like 1

You might also need to know the way the uploader associates each object from the physics file with each object from the visible mesh file. The preferred method now is to use a strict object naming convention, as described in the knowledge base.So if an object is called "myobject1" in the visual model, then its physics object has to be called "mymodel1_PHYS", and so on. However, if you don't get that right, it is supposed to fall back to the old system whereby objects are associated according to the alphabetical order of their names. (That superceded the even earlier scheme where they were associated by their order in the dae file, because the meshes are now sorted alphabetically instead).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.