Mesh getting squished

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

after a few tries with uploads (sucessful ones even) we remade our avatar some and hit a new problem, the mesh getting squished when uploading. Once the skinweights are applied the avatar looks like something out of a horror movie, 

As I do have a kitten who loves to run over my keyboard as I'm working I'm starting to wonder if she have hit a button for a seting or something while doing this. Or is there another problem? I have tried checking most things when exporting it with Avastar but doesn't really seem to make a difference. And well, for those wondering, that's supposed to be a horse.

Any ideas?

Hi. I got your blend file. But let me answer here, it may be interesting also for others:

I tested to upload your mesh. When i just load the mesh i get the same distorted blob as you see as well:

This is astonishing, because i expect that importing a mesh for the very first time should reset the viewer settings anyways. But it seems to use some random numbers here.

However, when i "Clear Settings & Reset Form" then i get this:

This looks to me as expected (mostly).

Regarding the distortions on the ears:

You use attachment point weighting there. I used the SL Default Viewer. Because of this not all attachment weights are imported. Especially the weights on the ears and the nose are not taken into account. You might get better results with Firestorm.

Regarding the crossing of the front legs:

this is normal and related to the previewer using a human default stand pose which does not work at all for non human meshes.

So after all i do not see exactly where the problem is. Are you sure you called "Clear Settings & Reset Form" ? Maybe Firestorm behaves different compared to the default viewer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.