Marketplace is giving "The connection was interrupted" error after hitting check out button

Jadzia DeCuir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Operating system: linux

Problem since Aug18-Now Aug 21

Unable to purchase anything from marketplace because of error that occurs after hitting the check out button.

Fiber optic, with unlimited Internet- connection checked on all days listed and working

-Can log into SL and interact normally

-All websites are available except this

-other interacting sites such as google work fine

-tested on multiple machines all same operating system, with 2 different SL accounts

Actual error:

The connection was interrupted

The connection to cashier.secondlife.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
  If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

4 answers to this question

I am having the same problem only I am on Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 using Safari. I keep getting this message. 

SAFARI CAN"T OPEN THE PAGE?

Safari can't open this page because " https://cashier.secondlife.com/ blah blah blah" 

because Safari can't establish a secure connection" to the server " cashier.secondlife.com" 

(( this started about 24 hours ago for me)) I triedto purchase linden/ items on another account as well and got the same thing then, asked a friend to gift me the item and shared the link to the item with them and gave my friend the linden to purchase the item and send it as a gift over marketplace and she has the same probem but, that probem didn't start for her till she clicked on the link I asked her to buy for me and tried to purchase/gift it. I got fed up and tried my main account again on another computer and operating system it was fine when I went to purchase linden though I did not try to purchase the original item I was looking to get nor try that function as I was too clucsterfn7t to think about it after spending hours of trying to figure out why safari is doing this to me. I viewed certificatation everything is fine there, it's not a firewall, everything is up to date I just don't understand what is going on but at least I know someone else out there is having some what of the same issue. Thanks for taking the time to read my message if anyone has any information as to why this is happening or if it's happening to you pleas share your story. Thanks xo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3180 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.