Advance Lighting Model causing hair glitch?

XOAmoraXO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

(It was the eyebrow shaper causing the glitch!) 

Recentlay I been being told by friends and other people on the game that there was a glitch where my forehead was. I didn't see it atfirst untill I went to enable my Advance Lighting model. Now normally this wouldnt bother me if it was only me who saw it I would just turn it off but it seems even when I have it off other see it if theres is enabled. I don't want to walk around looking glitched but the only way the glitch goes away is if my avatars bald lol I don't want a bald avi now!

I tried looking up my problem and even reading about Advance Lighting Model and can't figuer out whats wrong. I asked some people inworld even notecarded the hair maker incase she knew tho I'm not sure if she gets on too ofton to see my note. Currently I have the mode off so I don't have to see it but it dosn't top others from pointing it out :matte-motes-confused

I am using a "classic" avatar.

I'm confused is there something specific with my avatar thats could be causing this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

It is not just the hair brand as it does this with all hair types I have from different stores.

Also not the veiwer as I does this on the regular Secondlife veiwer and Firestorm.

It can't be my graphics card because even if my card sucks that dosn't explain why others see it on there screen even when I have the mode off.

Other people avis look fine when it's enabled and off on my veiwer...

Not sure if this ? belongs here or under technical. But any help is appreciated!

I don't know if it matters but I'm using one the original avis? not the new ones they make to choose from. I don't know the technical names for them sorry.

Advance Lighting Mode On. (how I look to other's who have  it enabled on theres)

Snapshot1_001 (2).png

Advance Lighting Model Off (How I keep my veiwer but dosn't really fix the problem)

17316030235_b05b590d60_o (2).png

1 answer to this question

Invisibility (invisible masking) that fails under Advanced Lighting, but works fine under regular lighting suggest that you are depending on an old style 'Invisaprim' to hide or mask something. Invisaprims don't work for anyone who has Advanced Lighting on. So you are wearing something that depends on an old style invisaprim. This often happens with older shoes.

There are two kinds of avatars in Second Life:

Classic avatars, can wear classic clothes and also some types of mesh clothing and attachments. They can also wear an alpha, which effectively hides part or all of the classic avatar (and also hides classic clothes - but won't hide mesh). Alphas work under both regular and advanced lighting.

Mesh avatars, which are a kind of full body costume worn over a classic avatar. Normally the classic avatar would be hidden with a full body alpha. Mesh avatars can only wear clothes specifically made for that avatar, or for which appliers are made for that avatar. Mesh avatars can not wear classic clothes. You should not try to wear two different mesh avatars at the same time, although some well designed mesh attachments can be worn with some mesh avatars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.