You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a shape by by right clicking new shape ,moved the slides and contoured the face and body to where it look really good ,so i decided to sell it at a very cheap price.

My friend tells me that I am not allowed to sell this shape because I didn't make it from scratch . I was curious if this were true or not.

By the way im not even sure if this is right forum.

Hello Cambion, when you clicked create new shape did you select to "wear it". If you did not it is possible that you modified the old shape you were wearing. Go to your inventory and look at the properties of the shape. If the shape shows you as the creator go ahead and sell it at whatever price you wish. 

How do I export my current mesh from Second life (which viewer should I use) I know I have to go to Morph & mesh but it only exports the OBJ. to the desktop as the orignal SL avi shape. I made a new shape and edited each setting to perfection now all i need to know is how do I get my personalized shape onto my desktop as a OBJ.

I.M me :Ellone Resident if you have any ideas or if you know the answer.

I am a BlenderArtist so i know the rest from that stage.

i just neet to know that little exporting secret so I don't export this ugly retarded thing I began with. - Current shape 

is still exporting as the ugly girl in Phoenix Viewer ? HELP HELP HELP!

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure you really started from scratch. Just choose Inventory/Body Parts/New Shape. 

Move the sliders. When you are happy with the finished product, click "Save As" while in Edit Appearance mode. Now name it something. If it is a female shape and you plan to sell it, you might want to do a "System Skirt" version to put in with it. Wear a system skirt, and change the hips so they are not so huge. Make sure to "Save As" the same name but with "system skirt" added to the name. This way people don't wear this one with pants. It will be much too skinny in the lower part for regular use.

It is also good to include the 'bald cap' with your shapes if you plan to sell them or give them to others. The bald cap is made by choosing Inventory/Body Parts/New Hair. Then do similar to the above. Go to Edit Appearance mode. Choose the hair button. Put a transparent texture instead of a hair texture. Put all the hair sliders to 0. In the eyebrow slider, make the eyebrows look nice with your shape. Now name it the same as your shape name except put "bald cap" in the name too. "Save As" "Jane shape bald cap" for example.

Once your body parts are saved to your Inventory with their correct names, right click each one, choose Properties, and give them the properties you wish. I recommend yes copy, yes modify, no transfer. A checkmark will mean a yes permission.

Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

Razi Earst wrote:

@ Clarissa. I did everything you said to do. All from scratch. When  I saved it I went to go check the copy/mod and uncheck transfer. The check mark in transfer is grey and will not allow me to uncheck it. Why is this?

because for uncheck or check the transfer box, you need to toggle the copy one. Check this one and the transfer one wont be grey anymore, uncheck it and then uncheck the copy one again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.