House remodeling question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How can I add textures to the walls, ceilings, floors, ect...,  to my prefab house after it has been rezed?   Also, can I change window and door frames,put in a pocket door or porch railings?   I'm willing to do  all the reading if someone could point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

4 answers to this question

First things first - Did you get the Linden Home that comes with a Premium Account? If so, you can not modify those Homes other than adding some stuff to it, even then it will not really be part of the house, just a decoration on the house. If you bought a house and are on an empty parcel of your own where you rezzed the house - you need to right click it and Edit it and look at the bottom of the General Tab to see if you can Modify it - if not - you are in the same situation as with a Linden Home that may not be modified. NOW; If you bought your own home and it IS Modify Enabled - woot - the fun and complications begin - and I do mean fun - I LOVE building! However, you need to be prepared for the learning curve. You need to search the SL Wiki for prim, primitive, creating, building in SL, Etc. *Right click on the ground and click Create one time - look at the simple shapes you can make, see how yu can stretch them, check out all the different Tabs while you are editing that simple object. Putting a texture on something, each of the 6 outside faces of a cube can have a different texture applied to it and tweaked different - and then if you hollow it out and cut the path - you got even more faces to texture seperately or all together.... It gets interesting real fast... Good luck, and I would also search in world for builders groups and classes - there are free classes around to attend. Also - search something called, Ivory Tower of Primitives. (I think thats the name) you might learn some neat stuff there; think it is kinda laid out like you were walking through a museum.... Enjoy your SL :-)

Yes!  It is a  Four Winds house that I bought and I found it is Modify Enabled.  I managed to get it rezzed  after a few tries  on my own.  I chose it because it has all cream  painted walls that I thought I could decorate, but then couldn’t find out how.  Wow, this will be really fun and keep me busy for a long time.  Now that I know  it can be done I will started searching.  Thank you so much!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.