Help with walking...yep walking

Aislinn Clowes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So today I teleported from one place to another. When I landed I could no longer walk. I was using the SL v1 viewer. Then I tried clearing the cache, restarting the computer, SL v2 and the Phoenix viewer. Nothing works... I even tried restarting the wireless router. This appears to be the only issue. I can uses animations, poseballs, talk and spin in circles. I can fly up...but not forward or back or left or right.

Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Aislinn Clowes wrote:

So today I teleported from one place to another. When I landed I could no longer walk. I was using the SL v1 viewer. Then I tried clearing the cache, restarting the computer, SL v2 and the Phoenix viewer. Nothing works... I even tried restarting the wireless router. This appears to be the only issue. I can uses animations, poseballs, talk and spin in circles. I can fly up...but not forward or back or left or right.

What controls did you try to use?  Numerous options available   W-S-A-D /  Up-Down-Left-Right arrows /  Movement HUD

Did all of them fail?

--Cinn

A couple of other things you can try:

1. Try logging out, and logging into another location.   If you use phoenix, you can just type a word into the location to log into, 

2. Try editing your appeareance and creating a new shape, skin, and possibly a top and pants.   Take everything else off. 

3. Try creating an alt, have the alt log in and touch your alt.

4. If you are stuck in the sim (can't tp out or log to an new place) try contacting the landowner to have the sim restarted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.