need a help...avatar wont load.

rheyzhel Darkfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

its been a couple of days since it happen...

my avatar wont fully load...it was stuck in loading mode...and all i can see is just a shape of an oblong.

i have try to find answer and i encounter a similar question, "particle cloud avatar".

yet lo and behold, im still stuck with this problem..

thinking it might be my computer, i sign a different account, yet theres no problem with that account

so now im still looking for an answer for this question.

for those who have shared this same problem, let's look for solution together,

and to those who can help us...i appriciete it greatly.

thank you.

rheyzhel Darkfire.

4 answers to this question

Hi there rheyzhel ,

Cloudy avatars can happen due to a lot of things like a bad or wireless internet connecton. ( To name just 1 )

What you can do is try to clear your cache Viewer 2 ... "me" tab ( left top corner ) > preference > setup > reset cache ... than press ok to confirm and log out of SL and than log back in again . ( mind you it can take a while to log back in because of the clearing cache and when your are back in SL everything will rezz slow ) With another viewer its .... edit > preference > network > clear cache ( again relog )

If this doesn't help you have also the option to reset your avatar , my experience is that most times this helps the best. For V2 do the following ... press Cntrl+Alt+q ( this will show you a develop tab at the left top of your screen , if its already there dont do the cntl+alt+q ) develop tab > avatar > character test > test male ( or female ) . With other viewers Cntrl+Alt+d ( the letter ) ( this will show you an advanced tab at the left top of your screen ) advanced > character > charactertest > test male ( or female )

When you do the character test your avatar will be set to default so make a note before on what you are wearing so its not to hard to find it back an putting on again.

I hope this will help for you , if you are inworld you can also seek help at places like Help People Island or NCI. Good luck on it

Cheers Taka

Disclaimer : Im not a V2 user so i hope i got it right where tp find things , and  yeah I'm not native english speaking so don't flame the misspelling

/me waves and stumbles back into RL

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.