Free timer script with checkpoint

PJ Mannequin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all as my subject says, I am looking for a free script that start a timer upon on touching an object (a door) with 2 or 3 checkpoint on the route (maze house) and ending the timer on touching the exit door.

My friends knows how to add script to object but he does not knows how to doscript, can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get them for him please?  We need to get hold of this ASAp as he has entered into a build contest, I knows very little about scripting.

From what I gather he would need touch_start, gettimestamp or settimerevent varibles along with checkpoint varible to ensure the person has taken the right path and not cheated half way.

Many thanks for any help on this, PJ.

with checkpoints then can do it with a series of doors/gates using collision

when the player collides with each gate then the gate script sends a message to the game control script using llRegionSayTo. Typical info sent: avatar key, timestamp, [gate number]

the game control script keeps track of who is in the game. When they start. when they finish. and their progress. Based on the collision with the gates

is a 2-type script system this. 1 control script and 1 gate script (the same for each gate)

+

if cant find a opensource example of this then consider put a addy in Help Wanted. Is quite a few people be happy to make a barebones system like this for your friend. And provide the source codes for your friend to mod (with your help maybe). Altho will cost some L$ to go down this path most likely

or maybe is enough info here for you to have a go at it yourself. If do have a go then can always post on here if having troubles getting it to work. Most people on here be happy to help you with any scripts you do post

Thanks for ur reply, I was looking on MP for a timer script but found none for free however sure a couple for a charge but comment says, do not get, tis is a freebie script.  SO if it a freebie script so there be an opensource for it somewhere to this time n date unable to find.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.