Sign in to follow this  
Aries Oh

Permissions in object giver

Question

I have an object giver which gives a no modify/no transfer object. I want to be able to give this object giver to others, but prevent them from redistributing the object giver itself. If I set the object giver to no transfer, it will not give the gift (and turns the gift into no transfer). I am not able to figure this out.

Is there a combination of permissions I am overlooking? Or are there scripts that can solve this problem?

3 answers to this question

Hello Aries,

you are not overlooking anything. It's a "problem" which is kind of known for a long time ... "the-owner-after-the-next-owner-permissions".

The only way around this "problem" is to use a giver which does not contain the item itself, but contacts a server you own, which will give the item to the person requesting the object. This way you can set the next owner permissions as you wish to and you don't have to pass it on as copy + transfer.

This is also the way most affiliate basically vendors work.

Cobra

This problem is identical to the one in the 'permissions question' thread.  Interesting that they should both come up at the same time.

ETA: 'identical' in the behind-the-scenes, technical sense, I wouldn't have necessarily expected anyone to connect the two if they didn't already know the answer