Blocking chat from neighbors, can it be done??

Gypsiwynd Delicioso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone,

My partner & I recently bought land and it sits between two other parcels that are owned by others and their family members. They are nice people, but they are loud on mic/ voice and I really do not enjoy listening to them while I'm trying to watch a movie, relax or work on my home. Is there away to shut them out without losing my own abilty to have sounds or chats with my partner on Our parcel?

Message was edited by: Gypsiwynd Delicioso

Message was edited by: Lexie Linden - Tags added to assist in later searches

4 answers to this question

Hi! If for any reason BlckCobras suggestion does not work for your neighbors, open the list of Active Speakers from the bottom right of your interface. There you can mute voice (and only voice) for individuals. Also check this tutorial vid how to find and mute sound sources around you http://vodpod.com/watch/1442460-using-beacons-to-find-special-objects

Or if they refuse to do both do something that will force them to turn on restrict.       Play music over your mic on voice chat all day.

Make sure every belch and noxious fart you release goes there too.   However if my advice violates ToS so don't listen to me. 

But if not have fun, hehe.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the helpful tips. I will try to find a nice way to tell them that sometimes their chatter .. is bleeding over the airways, when it should remain private. We are becoming friends and I do not want to alienate them just reduce the conversations that should remain between them and not broadcast to the whole sim.

TY TY

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.