Windows 7 and SL

Bac Compton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good Afternoon all,

I was wondering if any one can help me, I have just upgraded to windows 7 (that was a joy NOT) than installed SL and started to run it but now I have a message saying my vidoe cards are not supported. So I have updatd them still not working, also unstalled and than installed nothing!

Now at a real lost, my card is Radeon X1650 Series no hardware changes just software any one have any ideas?

Many thanks

Bac

3 answers to this question

Hi Bac,

As I'm sure you are aware, ATI have not issued supported windows7 drivers for the X series graphics cards. However, the native windows 7 driver is sufficient to run SL on these cards without any problems.  If the "unsupported hardware" message bothers you, you can disable the hardware check on the client startup.

Find the shortcut on your desktop and right-click it. Select Properties and add the following to the end of the text in the "target" field:

--noprobe

this must fall outside the closing quotation mark (if any) e.g.  "c:\program files\secondlife\secondlife.exe" --noprobe

I hope this helps you! You may also want to ensure you have the latest VISTA drivers for the card installed if this still fails.

Regards,

Garrick

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.