Hey people i'm back to to give it one more shot. Friend really wants me to play with her lol

BlazeFire212

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

sooo when i log on it says socket operation timed out and when i try to login it still wont let me go on all it will do is load for 3 seconds then go off and say i should create a new account and that mylogin failed, it has a unexpected problem and i should visit statue.secondlifegrid.net and i tried but its not working then i tried chanign my location and nothing there either. and made about 9 different accounts in the process. any idea? links? something i can do?

2 answers to this question

Hello Blaze - OK lets get you going shall we?

That error "socket operation timed out" suggests to us that you are using a PC running Linux. Is this correct?

Next, stop making accounts. That is not the problem.

Does your PC meet these requirements...

Linux Minimum Requirements Recommended
Internet Connection*: Cable or DSL Cable or DSL
Operating System: A reasonably modern 32-bit Linux environment is required. If you are running a 64-bit Linux distribution then you will need its 32-bit compatibility environment installed. A reasonably modern 32-bit Linux environment is required. If you are running a 64-bit Linux distribution then you will need its 32-bit compatibility environment installed.
Computer Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III or Athlon, or better 1.5 GHz or better
Computer Memory: 512MB or more 1 GB or more
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels 1024x768 pixels or higher
Graphics Card:
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6600, or better
  • OR ATI Radeon 8500, 9250, or better
  • ATI: 4850, 4870
  • OR NVIDIA: 9600, 9800

Please, so we can help your further, please update your question with the following information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

1) The make and model of your PC or Laptop

2) Your Operating System

3) The make and model of your computer's Graphics Card or Subsystem.

4) The Speed and quality of your ISP.

5) [Optional] A bag of Chocolate for the SL Answers Volunteers

The full requirements page is found at this link: https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/

So taking a stab at the  "socket operation timed out" error, a too aggressive AV program can prevent the SLPlugin.exe from talking on the ports it needs to use in order to do it's thing such as assist with a login request. Please make sure that your PC's AV software fully allows SecondLife to communicate freely through the firewall.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.