Looking for an active, seasonal, themed or fantasy sim...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, hope all is well. I'm sort of a veteran in SL (been around since 2005), and am looking for an active themed sim to settle down in. I currently live in a very beautiful, well maintained, fantasy forest themed sim, but it's not very active. It's not a role playing sim, so people basically keep to themselves . There are also no community events.

My hope is to find an equally beautiful fantasy themed sim that has an active community. One where I can stroll down the streets or roads and see the creative ways that neighbors decorate their lands. It would be great if there are shared community areas or parks or water for boats or swimming. One where there are either monthy or seasonal events that bring people together. One where it doesn't seem wierd for neighbor to simply say "hi".

I used to live in a similar sim back in the day called "Farm Haven".  It wasn't as active as described above, but it was close. I considered creating a sim such as this myself, but my RL would make it a challenge to maintain. I am hoping to find one that's already well established. I'm also OK if it's a role playing sim. I don't get to be on SL a lot, but I don't mind playing a role every once in a while.

Some of my past SL occupations include gallery owner of my art work, detective, radio host, super model and tarot card reader. Maybe one of these skills might fit a role in some sim.  If any of you know of a good community that's similar to what I describe above, where an oldie like myself would be a good fit, please share. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and blessings to you. :)

Back in the day this was a lot easier to find because most residents were from North America and there was no more than 3 hours difference in time zones.  Nowadays with people in SL are from all over the world the chances are your neighbors may be six hours or more outside your time zone and the chances of them being on line or if they are on line, at home, are slim.  Even in the Linden home communities where there are 100+ homes on a sim, it is rare to see more than a few green dots on the map at any one time.

Your best bet for getting what you want is to find compatible people that are online around the same time as you and who are interested in sharing a sim.  An estate owner may even agree to host the community if they know that all the land will be fully occupied by tier paying customers.

Hi Amethyst. Thanks for your suggestion. One of the challenges I have right now is that I don't even know where to look anymore to find compatible people. Most of my old SL freinds no longer log in. Most of the communities I used to be a part of are no longer active. Hence why I'm hoping to find an active community that's already well established. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but hopefully such a community is out there. Thanks again. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.