How to make a strip of lace on the mesh?

FridaAasen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have full perm templates mesh top.

It's mesh templates

Screenshot_2.png

I want to make the bottom of the top strip of lace.

Screenshot_1.png

I do not know how to do it.  Mesh is opaque,  if  remove the alpha, the entire top is transparent. I just need to make a transparent only part of top. :cathappy:

Frida are you adding the lace below where the mesh top terminates?  If so that won't work.  There's no geometry that exists beyond what is shown in the image.  If you rework the texture by shortening the image of the top (ie crop the top) and using the image as a guide add the strip of lace in a way that doesn't go below the edge of the tank top as you see it here,  and then save in a format with transparency, that should work, but the opaque part left may be too short and it might not really follow the shape nicely.

If you have the actual mesh file you could add more geometry to to the bottom and then UV that added portion, apply a material with transparency and add your lace texture.  And then you would have to weight it so it moves with the rest of the top's geometry.

You may confused in thinking this template works like the "old school" clothing in SL where it was simple enough to just take the template into your graphics editing program and paint to extend and embellish the base texture.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.