What are your steps to creating a house in blender?

Avery Eiren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are all sorts of different answers to you questions, depending on the knowledge and the priorities of the person making the house. There are many threads in this forum discussing various aspects of the questions. Most of all, you need to learn and experiment. Most of all, you need to understand levels of detail, physics shapes and UV mapping. Try out simple things first, usung the beta grid so that you don't have to pay for uploading.

I "second" Drongle, here.  You can't shortcut the process.  You need to practice on simple items, then learn and test  upload combinations of items until you are comfortable enough with your skill set to finally build up to something as complex as an entire house.

A house is built out of many, many mesh challenges.  When you arrive at the point where you are prepared to tackle an entire house you will not need assistance (not very much, in any event).  And I suspect most people with this skill set are  proprietary about their workflow since it's a very time intensive endeavor both in building and in gaining the knowledge to build. Plus a lot of folks devote their entire SL business to making houses.  They will happily answer specific questions, but few have the time to give anyone a detailed explanation of the entire process.

I'll add that building a house in blender is not exactly the same as building something that can be uploaded and used in SL.  For example you can easily make a very nice house in blender that has much too high a vertex count for anything useful in SL.  And there are things like double sided polygons which are visible in Blender but not in SL.  SL has its own set of requirements/restrictions and you need to get familiar with by experimenting and reading what's been documented on the forums and wiki.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.