I have recently upgraded my SL viewers and Avatar still gray :-( WHY??!

America Mertel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday and today I have spent large amounts of time DL the newest versions of Firestorm and Second Life Viewer. When I would log into either, my player experience has changed dramatically. I then uninstalled then reinstalled both viewers and now my avatar appears MUCH quicker, but the clothes textures do not render clearly at all and I have gray patches around my face and body. I don't understand what is going on.....I have upgraded the viewers as I was suppose to and now I can't rez correctly nor is the environment loading correctly.

Anyone else having this issue?

Some tech support with this issue would be really nice and much appreciated...I have drove myself nuts today :-(

1 answer to this question

Hello America,

you should definately clear your cache and relog again.

Also give your avatar's textures a while to load.

Make sure you really have the latest version of the viewer: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

As you will need it in order to be able to see avatar-textures, the baking-mechanism of avatar-textures has been changed this week from client-side baking to server-side baking, which reduces load times by at least 50% (at least for your own avatar). But therefore you will also need a server-side-baking capable new viewer version.

To clear your cache go into the viewer menu Me-> Preferences, and click the 'Clear Cache' button from the 'Advanced' tab.

Then shut down the viewer and log in again.

If you are still having issues, teleport to another region and repeat the above steps.

If you then are *still* having issues, try to change something on your outfit (which will automatically force a server-side rebake of your avatar's appearance).

As a last option, take off everything, and put on each clothing item one at a time, to see which item causes the blurriness.

Good luck!

To add additional information, use the 'options' menu at the top right of this page, to edit your original question. (so everyone can read it)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3911 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.