pants seem to be labeled incorrectly

cralis11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, 

Im pretty new to SL and i purchased the *AMM Design Bushi Hakama Gold 1 Box. there is a skirt that flows when you walk that will not go to the skirt slot or the pants slot at all. If i select the pants or skirt in the edit screen the "skirt" does not even show up in the list. It does, however, show up when i select the "physics" category.. but again will only attach to a body part like hand or chin etc.

i tried and also had a more experienced friend try. i'm not sure what to do.

It almost seems to me that its labeled internally as a body part rather than clothing.

Please help =)

Thanks,

Fife

P.S. i have been in touch with the seller but they are not responsive at all

cralis11 wrote:

Hi all, 

Im pretty new to SL and i p
urchased the *AMM Design Bushi Hakama Gold 1 Box. there is a skirt that flows when you walk that will not go to the skirt slot or the pants slot at all. If i select the pants or skirt in the edit screen the "skirt" does not even show up in the list. It does, however, show up when i select the "physics" category.. but again will only attach to a body part like hand or chin etc.

i tried and also had a more experienced friend try. i'm not sure what to do.

It almost seems to me that its labeled internally as a body part rather than clothing.

Please help =)

Thanks,

Fife

P.S. i have been in touch with the seller but they are not responsive at all

This is because clothing has evolved from when the categories were created. "Pants", "Shirts", etc. are only items that are painted on your avatar. "Skirts" are Godawful things that spawn an extra body part that look like a split-open moth casing attached to your butt when you "wear" them. These items are called "system clothing."

Over the years clothing makers developed things like your flowy skirt. These later things are known to your viewer only as "objects" and they attach to various points of your body. - that explains why you might see words like "pelvis" associated with them - that's where they ATTACH. It's impossible to attach them to the "clothing layers" like you're trying but they'll work just fine attached to your body - just "wear" or "attach" them from your inventory and they'll go to the right place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.