Will this old bug EVER be fixed?

Intoxicate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's a bug that has apparently been a problem for quite a while, that keeps the upper and lower clothing layers from connecting.

The bug presents in both the underwear and undershirt layers, as well as the shirt and pants layers. The bug does -not- present in the skin, jacket or tattoo layers

I'm told that this bug has been an issue for some time. Does LL ever plan on fixing this?

The current version of this in JIRA is https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2103

The "someday/maybe" tag on there means it's reallllllly low on the list of things that needs to be updated.

I suspect  it might be better for compatibility if new wearables were introduced. Maybe a bodysuit wearable that could go over the undershirt/underpants layers, and a jumpsuit with the shirt/pants flare options that could go over shirts/pants. These would have upper and lower sections that avoid the old gap problem, and not disturb what came before.

Intoxicate wrote:

I agree that's a fabulous option. But OMG how have they been neglecting this for the past
SIX YEARS??!

It's been like that sonce the beginnning. The shirt, pants, undershirt and underpants layers are really beng used outside their intended designs when clothes try to span two different wearables like that. the problem is simply that the mask ends right there, so there will always be a slightly fuzzy edge left over from resampling. To make those combinations work together more smoothly, there would have to be extra texture panels added so that  the could be overlap, but the template change is whrere it gets icky for compatibility. They could also do something hacky, like duplicate the last row or two of pixels, but that could end up adding distortion to clothes that relied on the old behavior.

When I took a look at the bottoms layers, they both come to a very clean and even stop, no jaggedness. That's not the case for the upper layers, which is where I believe the problem is. 

I'd love it if they came up with a new wearable that addresses this issue. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.