Lost with Skin weight

Seth Dhanhu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I´m having problems uploading a simple skirt with skin weights to sl. I´m still new to mesh and stuff, so i figured i´d start with something quite simple for the beginning...but it just wont upload with skin weight, to checkbox is always grey. 

After searching the Forums and google i double and double-double checked the Bones, they are spelled correctly and complete (or i´m getting blind). Do they have to be in a specific order for this to work?

Armature Modifier is not applied, "export to SL" is checked while saving and every vertex is rigged. 

What am i missing here?

Greetings, Seth

Seth Dhanhu wrote:

Hello!

Armature Modifier is not applied, "export to SL" is checked while saving and every vertex is rigged. 

I guess you use blender. If i am correct then:

At the top of the export panel you find the "Operator presets". Please use "Second Life Rigged"

Also make sure that the character can be posed with its armature. And make sure your Armature modifiers use "Vertex Groups" and not "Bone envelopes".

That is basically all you need...

Gaia, i love you!

I selected the Second Life Rigged, now it worked. I thought my save properties were all correct because i followed some quite long tutorial for a pants and there i did *not* have to turn this on...still dont realy get it, but yay it works :-)

Thank you guys, this was driving me crazy!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.