HUD and HTML Question

ttt1107

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have constructed a HUD using html and llSetLinkMedia().  In the HTML code I have created a number of buttons.  I am curious if there is any way of letting the LSL script know that one of the HTML buttons was clicked. Could this be done with llHTTPReuqest() and/or llHTTPResponse()? Or in any other fashion? I would prefer to do it this way instead of overlaying prim buttons over the html buttons.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Note, there is an alternative I considered, which is, since you, presumably, know where the buttons are, you could use a second "layer". If mesh, this means you "media" is on a face behind an otherwise invisible "case", or, if prim, then, you just have an invisible prim, over top of you media layer (one of the only damn times I am glad Linden can't figure out how to set transparent stuff to be "click through", or even, allow the option), as a touch surface, and thus, just get the uv coordinates of the touch, from that, and handle it like a texture. I really wish there was a cleaner way though to get the on-page and in-prim script to talk to each other. Have several ideas recently, both huds/in-world type things, which just. frustrate me, when it comes to "real time" handling of what I want the things to do.

Good example, if you have played 'Remember Me', when ever you come up to a store, there is a "pop down" display that shows up, telling you what the place sells, or even if its open/closed, on the window itself. Now, imagine that "in world", in SL. You walk up to a shop and you get a display. Now.. not so much for a shop, but.. how about an RP environment. The sign, detects who you are, and flashes you a message, from your faction, or the like, which you can then, touch away, at which point it goes back to just talking about the great deal on orange juice the shop is having. lol

My current annoyance is trying to rig a "small" version of a particle script, which is likely to take up most of the "available" space to load the page, then "push in" text, so that it functions like one of those animated light signs. But, again, just getting the thing "onto" the prim, without an server is half the problem, then you have to be able to send it stuff, and get stuff back. Would be simpler, for a display, to just... well, "display" text. Another good one - a "higher tech" safe/vendor, for RP, like you get in some games, where you buy/sell inventory from it, and it actually lists the items, and how many in stock, as you buy/sell to it. Try that with textures... Try it with HTML, and.. well... might be a way to do it, but, a) fast, b) real time, or c) anything like simply? Yeah, not bloody likely.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.