Blender DAE Export Error

Leroy Voorhees

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using Blender 2.63 and the latest Avastar with a mesh that I oribginally created in 3ds Max. It imported fine into Blender and I rigged it to the Avastar rig. When I try to export it to a dae file using the Avastar exporter I get an error window. IT appears the error is "Object does not have a copy attribute". Does anyone have any idea what I might have done to cause this?

This is a compatibility problem with Blender. Actually Blender 2.63 was really messy and we already had a lot of fun to get Avastar running on it when the Blender release came out. Now we have Blender 2.67 and it has become a pain to keep Avastar running on Blender 2.63. Furthermore the newest Avastar version is guaranteed to run only on the 4 most recent versions of Blender (but we provide the old Avastar versions to support older Blender releases as well).

So here are your options:

• Upgrade to the newest Blender 2.67b (recommended).
  • Upgrade at least to Blender 2.64 although i do NOT recommend that.
  • Downgrade to an older version of Avastar. Avastar-1-dev-744 should be safe to use with Blender 2.63 You can find that in "the_archive" subfolder of the download directory.

It has not been decided yet, whether the final Avastar-1.0 Release will run on Blender 2.63 or not. So there is still a little chance that the next Avastar update will work for you again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.