Script to Split Sales *and* Deliver Folder?

Editrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm about to open my clothing store and I'm in need of a script for my wall boxes that will let me split sales with a 2nd avatar and will deliver the contents of the each box to the customer as a folder upon payment. The only script I can find (and I've tried several now) expects that the item purchased will be boxed, and I'd really, really like to avoid that.

I'm completely happy to buy a script, I just... can't find one that does this. I was hoping another merchant might be able to  point me in the right direction - I'm sure other people must be running stores this way!

It's not possible to give out folders, or even put a folder inside a prim. Just one of SL's quirky limitations.

You can get folders, but only from SL Marketplace.

And for your split script, check out this cool one that Rolig Loon built:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Split-Payment-Vendor/td-p/722093

If you get stuck or need help with it, feel free to inquire!

• Like 1

yes its possible, what is not possible is to make a vendor send in a folder smth when an avatar is not in the same sim. i mean, avatar A buy for Avatar B from an inword vendor that has the feature "buy as a gift", if Avatar B is not in the same sim, it cant be send to B in a folder but boxed. Except that. if your purchasers buy for themselves, then they are forcelly in the same sim than the vendors and then they can recieve it in a folder.

i use since long time now a vendor system from Old Newman, you can see his mp store here : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/16242. And i can tell that i ve always been happy with this system. For me it has all the features i need and works really great.

First he provide a really great customer service.

Second, ive never been disapointed with his vendor systems. you can find even more features in these system, like gift card, store credit etc.. but they deliver the items in a folder if pp are in my shop and there is the sharing profit feature aswell.

i hope that will help you :smileyhappy:

There are, of course, tons of other vendor systems from other creators that work aswell the same way.

No not at all, it's just using llGiveInventory. Let's say you have a folder in your inv, as follows:

[+] My Lovely Folder

-- Item Foo

-- item Woo

-- Item Hoo

In your shop, you have an object (a wall prim) called Deluxe Foo Woo Hoo! In this, place your Foo, your Woo and your Hoo (no folder, just put the objects, landmarks, notecards etc in the prim) and set it to Pay Object. When the customer pays the box, they get the inventory of that wall prim in a folder with the object name:

[+] Deluxe Foo Woo Hoo!

-- Item Foo

-- item Woo

-- Item Hoo

Vegro, 

without talking about the sharing profit feature (let's say we dont need it) you can even settle a box vendor to give the "contents" and not give boxed. if you settle correctly your prim after puting it on sale, the prim will give to the customers the items in a folder.

The only limit is : its impossible to send anything in a folder via an object to someone who is not in the same sim. This mean, one resident can send a folder to another resident no matter where this latest one is BUT an object (a vendor, a mailer etc) CANT send in a folder.Its a SL limit. No script can fix this from what i know for now.

Using my vendor system (well the one im using, i havent created it lol), lets say i want to sell an outfit including a top, a pants and a skirt : i put the 3 items inside (+lm or nc or whatever else i want my customers get with my outfit) AND i add the same items but boxed in a bag (or a box, or whatever i want). That way, if a customer purchase for herself, this mean she's forcely in my store (so same sim as my vendor lol) so she will get the outfit delivered in a folder with the name i gave to my vendor (usually the name of the outfit), however, if this person doesnt want to purchase for herself but for another person, my vendor will send directly the gift (the 3 items) to the recipient boxed. Because in this case, there are big probalilities for the recipient is not in the same sim than my shop. 

@ the OP, im glad i could help :smileyhappy:, if you need more info about this vendor system from this creator, you can contact me inworld, ill be glad to show you how it works. Anyway, as i said, you may contact the creator himself anytime too, he use to answer really fast and gives a great help aswell.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.