Mesh Studio: Beginner Walk-Thru for Mesh Creation Inworld

Eleanora Newell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, everyone,

I do a blog explaining how Mesh Studio works.  It is the sister product of Sculpt Studio, which I have taught inworld.  Mesh Studio lets you create mesh from prim linksets and sculpts from Sculpt Studio.  It can be used to make and upload mesh without ever leaving SL (except to get and upload the generated .dae files) or the .dae files can be imported to any 3D program which supports Collada .dae files.

In coming articles, I will be introducing how to work within Blender with mesh created in Mesh Studio.

I've done an article for walking-through a beginner workflow in Mesh Studio. We start with opening the product, to building a prim linkset, texturing, creating the LODs and physics, going through the Upload window and uploading and texturing the mesh in SL.

http://meshstudiovirtual.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-beginners-workflow-guide-for-mesh.html

I have also got a button to the right of the blog called Labels which shows the articles through topic groups.

Hope this helps those looking for alternatives to using a 3D program or who may want to take prim linksets to their 3D program or are just curious about the tool.

Happy Meshing!

~ele

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.