stop animation

Denis1 Troncon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

OK Denis. Did you by any chance recently accepted (clicked OK) a message saying something like "an object owned by XXXX would like to animate your avatar" (for instance in a club or at some party)? In this case, you could look in your inventory objects folder see if you find anything like a hud or an AO. If you do, send it to trash and empty the trash folder. Then log out and back to SL see if it helps.

As a last resort, although it's a bit drastic, a full clean reinstall of the viewer should eliminate that unwanted movement Denis.

For the official one:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

In case you would be on Firestorm or Phoenix:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

Maybe you have an active gesture.

Open your inventory (press CTRL+I), and type 'active' in the search field, then right-click all suspicious gestures and select 'deactivate'.

Did you try the 'Release Keys' option from the advanced menu?

A full clean reainstall didn't work?

Also, if you see a 'stand up' button at the bottom of the viewer screen, click it.

I have never experienced this myself, but I would assume it is not impossible. But only if you have accepted to be animated by a person, a bot, a greeter or an object.
At this stage, I would suggest you completely rebake your avatar (crtl+alt+T). Take off ALL the clothing and items you are wearing and also do a character test (advanced menu > character test > male). Wear one the library shapes and skins and revert to the noob stage. Then log out and relog to a quiet sim such as Smith or Pooley and let your inventory fully repopulate without moving and do not try to TP. Once your inventory is fully loaded, put back on one by one your shape, skin, hair, eyes etc.
The dance that gives you so much trouble HAS to be worned by you one way or another.

It is possible. If a script kept your permissions.
Otherwise only if you sit down on something, or accept a permission request.
Be very careful when you accept a permission-request like this:
permission request dialog.png

You can find scripted objects when you activate beacons: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-abuse-and-harassment/ta-p/1339983#Section_.3.1

(also check the 'scripted' checkbox in the beacons floater)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.