Can't tp out of region, cleared cache and tried alt, alt works, still stuck here. help?

xanneA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i'm stuck and i can't tp anywhere it gets slow when trying to tp then i get 'disconnected'. i've tried clearing the cache and while that did allow me to finally get some clothes on (my meshes disapeared) i still can't tp. i've tried an alt and that one works fine.

i only have 212 things in my inventory. it's been like this for the last 12 hours or so.

suggestions?

3 answers to this question

Hello,

when you login, choose a different start location at the startup location dropdown.

It looks like this:

Startup location.png

Type in 'Goguen' for example, there (that's a public test sandbox).

If you can't find that dropdown, go to Me->Preferences over the viewer's menu, and check the checkbox like this (in the 'General' section):

start location.PNG

I hope this helps.

More information can be found here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

• Like 1

Change your starting location. Enter "Smith", "Pooley" or "Haich". When you get there, type anything in your recent objects tab and wait till your inventory fully repopulates without moving. Do not try to teleport. Please also note that Tuesdays' rolling restarts can cause login and TP issues. 

[Posted] Rolling Restarts Main Channel

[Posted 4:51PM PST, 7 January 2013] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel tomorrow, Tuesday, January 8, beginning at approximately 5:00AM PST. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.