Incorrect texture caused by replacing items.

Datachange

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

An item has the incorrect texture. While replacing items, the texture of the item took on the texture of the swapped out item

I cleared the cache. I even tried another viewer.

This has happened to me before. Time (a few days) has always fixed it. However, it is to a skin this time, and I would prefer not to wait. Are there any further suggestions?

1 answer to this question

Hello,

do you have a dual-monitor setup? If so, please rebake your skin using the viewer on your primary monitor.

The Second Life Viewer doesn't support dual-monitor setups, although it seems to work in most cases, you should always only rebake on your primary screen. You can usually switch between primary/secondary screen in your OS' display settings, to be able to use the viewer on any of your monitors.

If that's not the case you could try to use another internet connection to rebake your skin (ask a good friend if he could login for you for a moment in a different location, or try it in an internet cafe or something), in case that your proxy or other hardware has a cached version of the baked skin. (Rebake with the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+R, while you wear the skin on your avatar)

Another option that comes to my mind, is switching between HTTP-Textures/HTTP-Inventory and UDP-Textures/UDP-Inventory mode. That option is in the Develop menu (bring that up with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+q).

Last options is to try switching your graphics settings (press CTRL+P, go to the 'Graphics' tab, and try switching the shader options, and the avatar rendering options, and also in the hardware-section (that's the button in advanced mode) the texture compression ('lossy compression) and the other features.

What viewer did you use, and which Operating System?

ETA: Are you maybe talking about the marketplace? If so, please file a ticket with support at http://support.secondlife.com/create-case

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.