Jagged/Pixelated Lines after 3.4.3 Update

Vulcan Firethorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

After the Second Life 3.4.3 viewer update, it changed my graphics settings to default and now the edges look jagged/pixelated (it was not this way before). I have done research and figured out it could be the antialiasing, it was by default 2x and I have changed it to 4x, 8x, and tried 16x but have noticed no difference after restarting. I have checked in my NVIDIA control panel to see if my graphics card was interfering with SL but it wasn't. I have even tried overridding the graphics card to take over SL, but that didn't work either so I changed it back to default.

Another problem is that even with Texture Compression turned OFF, it still gives my skin the grainy/blotchy effect. I'd have to keep rebaking everytime I relog into SL for it to go back to normal, it wasn't like this before the update.

I have tried the Firestorm viewer and on there - my graphics look normal, smoother, rounded, and not pixelated/choppy. What's weird is all the graphics settings/preferences/options of my SL viewer and Firestorm are the same (shaders, antialiasing, texture compression off, etc etc)

I'd like to keep using the SL viewer because Firestorm has this setting where if I hold down Shift+MiddleMouse(to scroll) it tilts my camera up and down and little things like that annoy me.

My system info:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (3192.02 MHz)
Memory: 8120 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 220/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8634
OpenGL Version: 3.0.0

Also if anyone would like to share what their graphics preferences is (i.e what shaders you have one, what boxes you have checked, hardware settings, etc) that would greatly help me get an idea of how I should set the graphics settings.

Thank you!

@Theresa, THANK YOU!!!! That fixed it :)

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.