IamBalloon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Someone told me that people with a hacked veiwer can place items in yout inventory and attached to you or your clothing without you knowing. That if you wear or rez them out they may tell where you are and listen to your chat..

I know about objects people can place in your home, I'm talking about in your inventory attached to your avatar..

Is there any truth to this? I can't find any info in the forums/goodle searchs about it so I just wanted someone to tell me

sometimes these kinda rumors are based on a half-truth

+

linden are working on what they call "experience permssions". they do exactly what has been described to you. if you go to Linden Realms then you can see it in action. however that is the only place that that experience permission can work without your realisin/knowing and can only be given to you by a linden owner

also

several months ago linden released a version of experience permissions onto the main grid. it was exploited mercilessly and linden withdrew them immediately and they have not come back since

+

so is very possible that whoever told you only knows half of this story

+

no one, other than a linden, can put something into your inventory without you being informed and having to accept on the dialog, like always

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.