Unable to activate listings

Liana Halostar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I updated an item but now I can’t get it or any other new items to activate.

If I check the radio button when editing the listing I get a confirmation of success. Same thing if I click the ‘Active’ checkmark, except that it stays grayed out. If I use the dropdown to modify the item, I get an error that “the specified product could not be listed.” That’s the only way I can actually get an error, albeit not a very helpful one.

I’ve gone through numerous attempts. I tried unlisting and then deleting the item, then logging out, clearing browser cache & cookies, then uploading the item again. It still won’t activate.

I saw another post with an identical problem but the only solution offered was to file a ticket. But I am not a premium member so LL won’t acknowledge my existence. So if anybody has any constructive suggestions, they’d be much appreciated. Otherwise it seems I’m out of the market.

I've seen people having the same problem as yours many times here on the forums and Answers and I have no other suggestions than to make sure you fills up/select all the required items such as Category. (Here is the list of item listing fields http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-market-your-products/ta-p/700181#Section_.2.4)

BTW you can file a support case without a premium account. https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Chose Marketplace > General Marketplace issues

Thanks Ry0ta

In the past when I've tried to submit a support request, the options I've needed (for inworld issues) were unavailable for non-premium members. Good to know the Marketplace is on the good list.

I did check (multiple times) that everything was completed. I use Quick Fill to be sure and also do a careful visual check. I've bookmarked that link too. But fortunately I was able to find a workaround...

I "updated" the one other item I had listed, replacing it with the one I couldn't get to activate. I used Quick Fill to replace all the info. This successfully moved the desired item into an Active category and moved the replaced item into the Unassociated category.

I then tried to associate the replaced item and was able to do so. I had previously been unable to associate any new item so it should be noted that I waited a few days before I tried to add it. So I'm not sure if the root problem had simply resolved itself by then. But that workaround is still a handy trick, provided you have an item you don't mind deactivating (and may not be able to reactivate).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.