New Netgear Router - SL Connection issues

Tibbs McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good AFternoon,

I have just connected a new modem / router (Netgear DGND3700) as I was having speed problems with my old one which has now resolved the previous issue.  Speedtest.net is showing my connection back to normal at about 13mb download and 0.5 upload.  All internet access so far other than SL has been as normal.

Connecting to SL takes a lot longer than normal and i get a message 'requesting region capabilities.. attempt 3" etc when i use the SL viewer or Firestorm.

It does eventually log in and movement is fine but the friends and group lists never load and I cannot TP anywhere ( I crash out).  The friends list just shows as 'loading' and the group list is blank.  Nearby avies just show as their key.

I have read a number of posts and checked the stats in CTRL+shift+1 and all stats seem good..

FPS floats up to 46fps

Packet loss 0%

Ping Sim 185

SIM FPS 44.6

Physics FPS 45

Any ideas on what could be causing the issues ?

Appreciate your help. :cathappy:

Tib

Netgear used to have a problem  I thought it  was fixed

Netgear problem
If you have a Netgear router, there has been a known problem.   It may have been fixed in current models, but see the note below

Just to let you know: I hv a netgear DNG1000 and had massive problems staying connected for more than2min. then i found this post (in italian)
which suggests to use PPPoA/LLC instead of PPPoA/VC. problem solved!!

DNS issue

... Seems to be related to a DNS issue. By adding two backup google DNS entries [8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4] I was able to launch and run 3.0 without any apparent issues, although I will continue to monitor the result.

I don't know what's causing it exactly. But I did have the same issue today on my home sim. Attempting etc... then missing a lot of functions when you finally get in.

I think it's a connection issue somewhere between the SL servers so it should be temporary. I fixed it by logging into another sim then teleporting back to my home sim. All is fine now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.