Have a question regarding membership benefits

Eduardo2013Chaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm interested in upgrading to a sl member.  I'm wondering If I can use a skybox house I purchased.  I'm aware members can receive a linden home for free but If u already have a house and prefer using what you already have instead of taking the free linden home what would I need to do as a member?  Do you get parcels of land for free as a member and how much do you get?  Also how many prims are allowed?  Please answer these questions. Thank you

1 answer to this question

You can have a free 512 sqm land on Mainland with a 117 prims allowance instead of a Linden House. You will have to search a parcel by yourself. And yes, you can rez your skybox above your land. If you should need more prims, you would have to look for a bigger parcel (1024 sqm for instance).

Buying mainland

Linden Lab does not usually set land for direct sale on the mainland. However, there are two special cases in which you can obtain mainland parcels from Linden Lab: 

• Auctions: Linden Lab regularly auctions mainland parcels via Second Life Land Auctions.  Land owned on the mainland is subject to a land use fee (also known as a tier fee), which is a monthly charge in addition to premium membership.
  • Abandoned land:  In some special cases, Linden Lab sells abandoned mainland parcels to individual Residents. For more information, see Abandoned land.  Remember that you can buy land from your fellow Residents, and if you want a whole region to yourself, you can buy a Private Region from the Land Store.

Land owned by Governor Linden named "Protected Land" will not generally be  terraformed or sold to Residents.

Requirements

To purchase mainland land in Second Life, you must have a premium account with current payment information on file, and your account must be in good standing. You may also be required to have a clean disciplinary record.

As a premium account holder, you have 512 square meters of tier, that is the ability to own 512 square meters initially.  For more information, see Land tier.  A premium account also provides many other benefits.  For more information, see Premium membership.

Please see land rates here:

http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.