Laggy Qavimator.

Endija Sella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been using Qavimator for quiet long now. But today when I opened it and clicked on a joint/body part it just freezes for like 5seconds and then goes back to normal until I try to move or interact with it any other way. I tried looking for an answer on google but couldn't find one. I did try to take the fog off..nothing. Still lagged. And I reinstalled it too. Still lagged. Can anyone help? :/ Or sugest another program that I can use to make sl poses?

Usually when I've experienced a program start doing crazy things that it didn't do before I take a look at the task manager to see if there is more than one instances of the program running (occassionally that will be the problem and all that I needed to do was to kill all instances and restart the program).  I have to tell you that that only happens very rarely but it's an easy thing to do so that is my first step.  If everything is okay in the task manager (or, if killing the instances doesn't fix the problem) then I shut down my computer (not restart, but a complete shut down for a few minutes) to clear out any residual memory issues.  Then, if that still doesn't fix the problem I will uninstall the program, shut down the computer, then search my computer for any left over files from the program (if you have CCleaner on your computer, run that along with the registry checker).  Then get a fresh copy of the program and install it again.  Once the installer is done it might ask if you want to run the program when you click "Finish"......say no or uncheck the box and close the installer before trying the program again.

Those are the basic things I've done in the past for strange problems that crop evey now and then.  It doesn't always fix the problem but if does fix it enough that it's worth a try.

• Like 1

Weird, I tried all of the above and none of it helped. :/

edit: I've deleted all the files from my pc...that I could find and restarted it.. shut it down;.blbalbalba stil lags. So I installed it on my usb and it works good. :/ How do I delete the setting file from my pc. So I don't have to use my usb to work with qavimator. D:?

edit2: So when I closed it and opened it again it did the same... So I went into 'run' and typed 'regedit' searched for 'qavimator' and then deleted the setting file and it works good. I guess it will go back to laggy once I close and open it again. :/ So will need to delete the setting file all the time.

Now it gets somewhat complicated.  It puzzles me that your Qaviamator runs properly on a flash drive but not from your hard drive.  That sort of makes me suspect you might have a hard drive going south on you (hopefully not.  You might be able to get a hint by looking at your Windows Experience Index (for Windows 7 or Vista........XP doesn't have that feature).  Open your Control Panel  (Control Panel - System and Security - System - Check Windows Experience Index).  At or near the bottom of the hardware that Windows checks you'll see "Primary Hard Drive Transfer Rate".  Hopefully you've run the check before so that you will have that score as a base (if not then this is probably a futile exercise).  Make a note of that score then run the test again........your score should remain the same unless you've changed your hard since your last test.  If it's lower, then there's something going on with your hard drive or the registry. 

There's two things you might want to do to check the HD.  First go the "Computer" and right click on the drive that contains your operating system (usually drive C if you have more than one hard drive in your computer).  That opens a dialog that has several tabs.  Click the "Tools" tab.  You'll see "Error Checking.....click "Check Now" and follow the instructions.  It can take a while for the check to complete (and Windows can fix some minor errors with the check).  Then the other thing that you might want to do is to defragment your hard drive (open Computer again and go the same path to get to the option to defrag your drive).  You probably know a defrag can take a very long time so you might want to make sure you won't want to use your computer for a couple hours (depending on how large your drive is and how long ago you've defragged the drive).  A defrag may just fix your problem, by the way.  Those instructions on how to get to the tools are for Windows 7 (for Vista I forget exactly now to get there but it's very similar to Windows 7).

And one more thing you might want to try.  A registry problem could be your problem but messing with the registry is pretty scary (even for experienced users).  There are free registry checkers/repair utilities that are quite good (well, they get good reviews anyway).  I use Avanquest's "Disk Utilities Professional"......but it's not free.  I also will often just do a clean re-installation of my Windows if I suspect registry problems (most people don't do that though).  I found one free registry checker/repair program on CNET that gets pretty high reviews.  It might be worth it to give it a try if the Error Checking and Defrag doesn't work for you.  I would only mess with the registry as a last resort.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Window-Registry-Repair/3000-2086_4-10606555.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.