I have an item I'm wearing that is only a link in current outfit. Original is missing?

Vixen Squall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello there please I hope this is the right place to put this, my issue is my inventory.

I was wearing a top that had a coat and sculpy cuffs and collar. I took the coat off to show someone something then went back into my inventory to find it. But I cannot find it.

I can also only find my cuffs and collar (which I'm wearing and others can see it too) as links in current outfit. I cannot find original.

I then checked what I need to try. I've done a manual clear cache. And I did a bandwidth speed test and adjusted my bandwidth accordingly. But nothing is working. There is still items missing. I'm unsure what else is missing as I hardly ever change my clothes. I'm just worried as I'm sure I had more items of clothing from Gawk than it shows now. I'm also worried this will affect my other accounts? I don't know what to do please can you help. Thank you.

2 answers to this question

I suggest this. FInd the cuffs and collar in your outfit. This will give you the proper name of them. (such as !!GAWK!! R cuff ). Then do an inventory search on that exact spelling. You should get every instance of that spelling in your inventory, including the links and the original cuffs. Now you know where the original cuffs are, and the original other peices sould be in the same folder, clear your search so you can see them all in the new folder.

If you do this and find that the item is missing from that folder, then it may be a number of other things. It may download if you log on and back on again, or it may download when your internet connection clears up (or LL labs does).

I have had things disappear for a few days before, then turn up when a full download of my inventory comes back. However, sometimes things (especially no copy items) sometimes get rezzed where you can't get to them again and you just have to break down and buy a new one.

Hi,

If you are using Firestorm, your recieved items do not show on the search results. I am not sure if this is also the case with the original SL viewer, please check for yourself. 

Because of that, you may only be having the link in the search results but not the original item. To fix that on Firestorm do the following;

Under Preferences → Firestorm → General, 'Show the Received Items folder in normal inventory', checked.

This way your recieved items can be searched and found now.

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.