SL 3.4.0.264911 doesn't work on Mac.

Angel Hendes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Suddenly my Mac (min iMac) is not able to run anymore SL Viewer (version 3.4.0.2.264911). Internet works, I can log in on Windows PC, so I don't understand what can I do to restore the situation. I have tried to remove and reinstall....even previous or Beta versions. Same result....nothing.

Please help me out

Thanks in advance

Actually, I have checked the Security configuration and it was already set according to your suggestions ("accept from anywhere"). Then I have downloaded Phoenix viewer and it works well; while SL Viewer still does not work

There is no actual error message produced...after launching the application, it does not even load the entry page to access with username/password

I would prefer to use SL viewer, but at the moment Phoenix works....

1 answer to this question

Did you by any chance upgraded to Mountain Lion? If this is the case, you have to authorize Second Life in your security preferences. You must check the box accept applications "from anywhere". (sorry this screenshot is in French but it speaks for itself).

If you mean something else, please edit your post and give details about any error message you are getting (use "options" > "edit" at the top right corner of your question to add text).

lion.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.