i rezz an object from my inventory now its not in my inventory or do i see it in world

Rae Clymer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You should try searching object using area search of Firestorm by owner name(your username).

If object was rezzed under the land or floor due to some reason, it is impossible to find it unless you use area search.

That likely occurs if you switch the land scene(ex:mutil-scene skybox) after you rezz it.

If it is no copy object and you had rezzed it just before region restart, unfortunately it would have been totally lost.

The fact that it leaves your inventory listing would indicate that it is a "no copy" object and is normal behavior for that permission type. If it didn't do this you would now have two copies - one on the ground and one in your inventory.

There may be many reasons it is not showing up when rezzed but it would help to know what it is, what size it is, etc. If it's a "packed box" (containing other objects) I have seen some of these with a transparent texture - the box rezzed, you just can't see it (can't tell you why anyone would do that, but ... they're out there).

Try this: rezz the object; go into build mode and drag a selection box (left click + drag) over the area you intended to rezz the object. If it rezzed invisible or transparent you will see a yellow outline of the object when your selection box includes the entire object.

If this is the case and the object is modifiable; open the object's texture tab and remove the transparent texture. You will now be able to see the object.

If the above is true and you "lost" the object, check in your "lost and found" folder - it was most likely returned to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.