Freestyle Simboarding Competitions?

Emerald Ansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love Simboarding and have always wanted to try becoming a Pro Freestyle Simboarder.  But VSN went kaput before I had a chance to try it out.  There is only one other group that I learned about that shows promise in holding competitions of this dying breed of Simboarding, but the group requires every member to wear a uniform and I like what I'm already wearing.  I know Simball is very popular, but I think it is becoming too popular to the point where freestyle simboarding will become obsolete.  And I don't like Simball; there's no style in it and I don't like using force on my opponents.

As you can tell, I am very upset about how things are going in regards to the sport of simboarding.  I may not want to become a pro freestyler, but others might.  What about them?  Are they out of luck?

I don't want freestyle simboarding to become obsolete.  A protest will most likely result in a ban even if it is peaceful because landowners are free to decide what is griefing or not.

I really wish there were equal amounts of Simball and Freestyle events, it would create a sense of balance.  It's like the yin and yang, which I am sure you can relate to.  The thought of my favorite brand of simboarding going obsolete is very upsetting to me.  Can anyone give me some hope and comfort?

Yes unfortunately freestyle simboarding isnt as popular as it use to be, simball came along and it was new and flashy and everyone flew right for it! Being someone who started out as a freestyle boarder I can relate with youre apathy... But dont be, Ive setup a half pipe and scoreboard at next level gaming 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Angel%20Orchid%20Beach/128/121/495

I will be doing simball events soon and possibly .. if enough interest allows, fs halfpipe competitions, feel free to come practice! I would love to do Throw Halfpipe Competitions!

• 2 weeks later...

Ixnay on that, The land owner is abandoning the next level project due to rl issues.. A setback but I am pursing other avenues in regards to land . Fortunately not long after this post I was contacted by more people then i expected wanting to see this also and its very encouraging, expect a new simboarding/simball facility soon if I have my way.. and I have a way of getting it.

• 1 month later...

What? Surf & Simboard Park is currently the biggest (if not the only) Freestyle Simboard park in SL.  I have recently built a competition half pipe and we are talking and working out the details to to having freestyle competitions in 2013.  I still need to make some adjustments to the halfpipe but it is up and ready to ride.  I like Simball but LOVE freestyle!!!  Nice to see I'm not the only one.  Keep an eye on the simboarding groups and the forums for more information.  :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.