Should I just give up on my land?

ebonypet Darkthorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

SL doesn't seem to be working half the time anymore and my land is offline more than 80% of the time.  As of now, it's been offline for 2 days straight and was offline most of last week.  I filed tickets 3 times and no one seems to care about the lil' guy that's not a premium member but, why be a premium member who's land is unreachable?  Should I just abandon it altogether since it seems that it apparently can't stay online more than a couple of hours at a time?  Yes, it's been paid for and is always paid up before it comes due so that's not the reason it's offline.  It's offline because in a week and a half they still can't seem to get it fixed. 

Edit to follow up on responses:  The land is back up again but I'm sure it will be temporary..lol.  Considering how many avi's I see at the hub I keep getting logged into, I think my land is just one of many having ongoing issues.  LL seems to have a lot of issues lately and I am just caught in a bad spot in the whole thing it appears.  If it is off again more than on this week, I will just let the land go entirely and cut my losses.  Thank you all for the great responses!  It's much appreciated!!

3 answers to this question

Hello again, ebonypet

I am sorry to hear of your ongoing problem, but LL do care, there is just some kind of breakdown in communication.

Have you contacted Live Chat?  If not, do so now please.

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Clearly, but briefly, state to them that you are having tremendous problems with your region. When it is taken offline it does not come back up again. 

If this issue has been repeating this pattern, mention this to the Live Chat operator also, and ask if someone is looking into it, because you have submitted support tickets in the past.

Please be patient when waiting for answers from Live Chat, because they can leave you hanging for several minutes at a time, but they are usually dealing with half a dozen other residents at the same time also, and they do consult with Lindens and other people in their department to see what has already been done.

I wish you luck with this, and I know it is hard, but try not to lose heart.  Linden Lab don't want broken sims either.

The reason why it isn't automatically coming back up after being taken offline, might actually not be something they are in control of, but something rezzed on the sim. This will take extra time to investigate, hence the seeming lack of response to support tickets. Live Chat will be able to give you more information.

Good luck - and please keep this thread updated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.