Vanishing/Disappearing Furniture...why?

Slut666 Willful

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok,before I begin, yes I have read through various forums and such,yes I always have everything set to the group the land is deeded to when I rez,and I only have one person who has the rights to mod my stuff and they have been offline ages before the stuff even vanished. And no I did not mute/black list or whatever,checked lost and found and entire inventory.

What the hell...I go to tidy up stuff from the allocated sand box area of the sim,come back to my house and find that a bunch of my furniture is missing. Literally there one moment and gone the next. These were no mod and some no mod/nocopy items. I tell you I was not best pleased. And I see little point in creating a ticket since SL/LL only seems help those who pay and even that takes forever..and phoning people..ha..talking to a brick wall -.-,trust me I've done it before.

This happened like 30 minutes ago

2 answers to this question

Just a guess: you said you were in a sandbox. Could you have returned your objects in block or did the sandbox autoreturn send you back your items? In this case, they will be in your lost and found folder as a coalesced object (it looks like a broken or Rubik cube).

If you find such a cube (or several of them) which can have any name of the objects included in it, you will have to go to a place where you have rights and enough place to rez objects. After right clicking "edit terrain", gently drag the broken cube slightly above the ground. All your items should appear in the same position as they were before they were returned.  Just pick them back one by one to your inventory.

If I misunderstood your issue, please see theses fixes about inventory losses:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

Did you or anyone else try to rezz something enormous in the sandbox, or did someone try using a rezzbox for a large build serveral times in a row? There are circumstances where if someone manages to flood a region with more prims than it can hold objects already on the sim can disappear. The server SHOULD just stop the enormous object from being rezzed but sometimes something goes haywire.

Things can disappear after a sim is rolled back to a previous state too but it has to be restarted for that to happen and I imagine you would have mentioned that if it had been.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.