Browser UI not working for profile/help/or search for every viewer/version? "connection closed"

MsDaenerysTargaryen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. I am running on IMAC LION, I have attempted to use Beta,Phoenix,Firestorm ( latest version of each )All of a sudden my browser stopped working in SL? 

1. Attempt to open profile, use search, or open help browser with either built-in browser or my own 
2. Expected result - browser displays information
2. Actual result - only blank screen displays

I can't use any browser features whatsoever - help, search, or profile all turns up a blank, black screen.( PINK SCREEN and letters CONNECTION CLOSED) No error text appears, it's just one solid colour and Connection closed.

I have adjusted my own firewall and connections to allow in/out on my own computer, etc?

Thank you kindly ~ Danny~

1 answer to this question

Did you by any chance upgraded to Mountain Lion? If this is the case, you have to disable all your firewalls and choose "allow from anywhere" in your preferences, not just the approved Apple applications.

Always tick the box "open in my web browser", not the built in one. Switch to Chrome or Firefox if you have not done this yet. Avoid Firestorm as much as possible: I'm on Mountain Lion and Firestorm + Phoenix do not seem to be ready for it yet.

As a last resort, download fresh new copies of both your browser and viewer. I would strongly recommend the offical SL viewer. And in the end, drastic but that may be a fix, do a clean reinstall. Wishing you luck Danny! :smileyhappy:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231#Mac_OS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.