My SL keeps crashing sometimes directly & sometimes when Im in for just a minute. My Alt can get in

NurLaila Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

"I can't go back in time lol"

I LOL'd at that too. In some respects it would be good to be able to go back to when our computers were shiny and new, with our lovely virgin graphics cards.

Alas, we cannot :matte-motes-frown:

I think you may have answered your own question; your computer is struggling with mesh by the sound of it, but you can tweak some of the settings, turn off shadows and shading, see if that helps.

There will be some more responses to follow, more practical than mine - I just really wanted to empathise. :matte-motes-smile:

• Like 2

/me gives Echo a nudge... What's not practical about changing the settings to see if it may help??? ;):)

You could try, if you can stay logged in long enough, to remove all attached items you are wearing to see if it helps. It may be that one of the items somehow is causing the viewer to crash. I don't know how it would happen, but I've seen it suggested elsewhere that it might happen.

Also, the viewer creates a folder somewhere in an /AppData folder (on windows and I don't know the excact path) where a bunch of avatar specific files are stored. You could try to locate this folder and (re)move it. A new one will be created on the next startup. There may be some file(s) in this folder that is causing issues.

Hope this helps.

- Luc -

• Like 3

LOL thanx for the Empathy! & your response ;-) I tried some things in SL with the older version, but since I never really had big issues like this before, I dont know more to do then take off all attachements & set it at the lowest graphic thingy. But will look into turning off shadows & shading as well, Thanx. Back to the future! ghehe ;-p

Allright! On the Mac you find the folder in ~/Library/Application Support/. I'm on a mac myself which I didn't quite know where to find this on windows. :)

If you are on (Mountain) Lion you may have to go to Finder, select the Go->Go to folder and type/paste the path in the field to find the location.

Also, have you tried to use another mesh capable viewer? Like Firestorm or Exodus? There's a list of viewers here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

- Luc -

• Like 2

Thanx Luc! She's alive again :D I first cleaned up the mess and Mesh in my inventory, just toooo much stuff lol,then logged in with a different viewer and detached stuff and reduced the amount of stuff (women ans shoes pfff lol) Then got back to SL viewer and shes alive and kickin it again! yay \o/

Lol hahahaha too funny! But Im glad you both helped me out on this one, kudo's! Im back in business She's alive, alive! Just too much stuff even from waaaay back I believe I even had some tupperware in there too ghehe. Keep up the good work guys! Much appreciated. Best regards NurLaila

I'm not sure about all this tupperware, to be honest... .... :|

@NurLaila. I'm glad you got things working again. yay! I suppose it could have been an item in your inventory or an attachment that were broken somehow, that you managed to bin. Who knows? Main thing is - you're working again :D

And I agree with Echo - It'd be great if you felt like hanging out on the forums. There's room for everybody around here. No pressure, though. :D

Have fun!!!!

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.